Nabertherm – Laboratory Tilting Furnaces K/KC Electrically Heated
Function and equipment
These compact tilting furnaces for the melting of non-ferrous metals and alloys are one of a kind and have a number of technical advantages. Designed as tabletop models, they can be used for many laboratory applications. The practical counter balanced hinge with shock absorbers and the spout (not for KC 4/14) on the front of the furnace make exact dosing easy when pouring the melt. The melting furnaces are available for furnace chamber temperatures of 1000 °C, 1300 °C, or 1400 °C.
- Tmax 1000 °C, 1300 °C, or 1400 °C
- Crucible sizes of 0.75 liters, 1.5 liters or 3 liters
- Dual shell housing made of textured stainless steel sheets with additional fan cooling for low surface temperature
- Exclusive use of insulation materials without categorization according to EC Regulation No. 1272/2008 (CLP)
- Crucible with integrated pouring spout of clay-graphite included with delivery
- Additional spout (not for KC 4/14), mounted at the furnace for exact pouring
- Compact bench-top design, simple emptying of crucible by tiltiing system with gas damper
- Crucible for heating up of melting furnace insulated with a hinged lid, lid opened when pouring
- Defined application within the constraints of the operating instructions
- Controller R7 (resp. 3508 for KC)
Process Control and Documentation
As one of the world’s largest furnace manufacturers, Nabertherm has many years of experience in the design and manufacture of standardized and customer-specific control systems. All controls are characterized by a very high level of operating convenience and even the basic version has extensive basic functions. Depending on the requirements, the functions can be expanded and adapted to your needs. Professional software solutions for single or multiple furnace management as well as process and batch documentation based on our Nabertherm controllers complete the range.
Also for compliance with industry-specific standards that define process control and documentation, such as for example, the AMS 2750 F for aviation, the CQI-9 in the automotive industry or the FDA in the pharmaceutical industry we offer standardized solutions.
- Other crucible types available, e.g. steel
- Design as bale-out furnace without tilting device, e.g. for lead melting
- Over-temperature limiter for the furnace chamber with automatic reset to protect against overtemperature. The limit controller switches off the heating when the pre-set limit temperature has been reached and does not switch it on again until the temperature falls below the setting again.
- Observation hole for melt