Nabertherm – Rotary Tube Furnaces for Batch Operation up to 1100 °C
The rotary tube furnaces of the RSRB series are suited for batch operation. The rotation of the working tube ensures that the charge is in motion. Due to the shape of the quartz reactor with the tapered pipe ends the batch is kept in the rotary tube furnace and can be heat-treated an arbitrarily long time period time. A controlled heating to the temperature profiles is also possible.
- Tmax 1100 °C
- Single-zoned design
- Dual shell housing made of textured stainless steel sheets with additional fan cooling for low surface temperature
- Exclusive use of insulation materials without categorization according to EC Regulation No. 1272/2008 (CLP)
- Thermocouple type N
- Solid state relays provide for lownoise operation
- Heating elements on support tubes provide for free radiation
- Tube furnace designed as table-top model with quartz glass reactor which opens on both sides, tapered ends
- Reactor is removed for emptying out of the rotary tube furnace. Beltless drive and hinged furnace housing (opening temperature < 180 °C) provide for very easy removal through
- Adjustable drive of approx. 1-40 rpm
- Defined application within the constraints of the operating instructions
- NTLog Basic for Nabertherm controller: recording of process data with USB-flash drive
- Controller B410 (5 prgrams with each 4 segments)
Process Control and Documentation
As one of the world’s largest furnace manufacturers, Nabertherm has many years of experience in the design and manufacture of standardized and customer-specific control systems. All controls are characterized by a very high level of operating convenience and even the basic version has extensive basic functions. Depending on the requirements, the functions can be expanded and adapted to your needs. Professional software solutions for single or multiple furnace management as well as process and batch documentation based on our Nabertherm controllers complete the range.
Also for compliance with industry-specific standards that define process control and documentation, such as for example, the AMS 2750 F for aviation, the CQI-9 in the automotive industry or the FDA in the pharmaceutical industry we offer standardized solutions.
- Charge control with temperature measurement in the working tube
- Three-zone control for optimization of temperature uniformity
- Reactor open on both sides, made of quartz glass with knobs for better mixing of the charge in the tube
- Gas supply package 25 for operation under non-flammable protective or reaction gases with a gas-tight rotating outlet
- Gas supply packages 3 or 4 for hydrogen operation
- Vacuum package for evacuating the working tube, depending on the pump used up to 10−2 mbar
- Left/right tilting device for easier loading and unloading of the work tube
- For filling, the furnace is tilted to the right to convey the batch into the furnace. After the heat treatment, the furnace is swiveled to the opposite side for emptying, in order to convey the product out of the reactor again. It is not necessary to remove the reactor.
- Mixing reactor made of quartz glass with integrated blade for better mixing of the batch, closed on one side, large opening on the opposite side
- Rotary tube furnace assembled on base with integrated switchgear and controller, incl. transport casters
- Process control and documentation via VCD software package for monitoring, documentation and control